Friday, January 23, 2009

The air in Scotland....

...must be messing with my head. Either that or it's just all this new independence. I don't know. I love being less dependent upon people. Makes me feel like a grown-up. :P One of the reasons that I love being away at college. You learn to do things for yourself. But, being in a completely different country has been even better. I've been learning to do things for myself more like sticking up for myself and speaking out when I have something to say without feeling like everything I say is idiotic... my confidence has definitely boosted. Yeah, you've all probably noticed that some of this began last semester, but I feel like it's already so much higher than before.

Anyways, the reason for all of this is because I made homemade mashed potatoes for the very first time. AND they were delicious. Also, I boiled broccoli for the first time ever last week. I'm so proud of myself. :D

Cheers!

2 comments:

mamanandory said...

Finally, you can do more than make
Ramen noodles and tater tot hotdish!

Cody said...

I can't wait to hear you show off your bagpipe skills when you come back from across the pond!