Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feels like spring.

Here I am, in the computer lab... soaked like no other and I could care less because I am in FREAKING SCOTLAND! The weather has been kind of depressing here the last couple of days. I mean, I do LOVE rain. I love playing in it and I don't mind walking in it, but the wind is TERRIBLE! Janene and I walked to Tesco's (the cheaper supermarket) and we had the hardest time trying to walk there and back to MSSV. I had to stop a few times to keep my balance. I'm so glad I didn't buy that umberella at Tesco's. It would have been shredded by the time I got back. I think I've decided that I'm just going to stick out the rain and not worry about buying an umberella, especially if it's this windy. I would end up going through a lot of them. Waste of money if you ask me..

Janene and I had a late lunch at McDonald's. Late lunch because we didn't start our day until noon. My flatmates have been coming in at 3:30am and get quite loud... I have to resort to using my ipod to overpower their noise. It has also been really hard for me to get used to the lack of daylight here. The sun doesn't really shine much here, and the daylight starts at 9am and then sets at 4:30pm. I am wicked tired by 6pm and just want to go bed. But, anywho even though I really don't care for fast food, I was just way to hungry to care. Just so you all know, it doesn't taste any different than the ones back at home.

So I noticed that my blogs are ridiculously long already.... hopefully my internet is up and running tomorrow so I can post pictures. We start classes tomorrow and I only have one and that doesn't start until 1pm. YAY! The class will be Celtic Civilations. Tonight, I think a few of us will be going down closer to campus on Byer's road to catch a movie. What movie you ask? I don't know yet. We'll see.

Well... off I go. I'm cold, wet, and stinky from walking in the rain. I need to change my clothes. One more thing. You all would love my hair right now. No, I am NOT going to take a picture of it, but let's just leave it at the fact that I have been wearing my winter hat all day. Frizz fest! I looked at Tesco's to get a hair straightner and yeah, there's no way I am going to pay 74 pounds for one. NOT HAPPENING. I'll just have to look around at other places. But, I did buy some hair spray to maybe enhance the wave. :D

xoxo
Ashley

3 comments:

Cody said...

Celtic civilizations? That sounds like a pretty sweet class! You NEED to let me know how that is. Just think, you've traded snow for rain.

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley! I love that you're keeping everyone updated, especially since I might not have the amazing experience like you to visit Scotland. Be safe and have a blast! We'll miss you around here.
-Kayla

mamanandory said...

I'm so excited that you are living your dream! I love your blogging. I feel like Im there with you. Hiya!